Recently I posted the text of a flyer distributed at the
Schiff/Bicking campaign forum on October 26 and speculated that it
was authored by David Tilsen and possibly distributed by Barb Tilsen.

http://www.mnforum.org/pipermail/mpls/2005-October/046153.html

David Tilsen responded to my post:

"Well I did not see the original post, but I did not write anything
that mentions Annie Mae. whom I did know and whom I mourn.

Barb certainly did not hand out any materials at any forum, as she is
eschewing electoral politics this year and has not attended
anything."

I accept this statement and apologize to David and Barb Tilsen.  I
found some similarity between the logic I heard David use on his
Northern Sun Radio appearance on behalf of Zimmerman for Justice
recently, went too far based on innuendo, and jumped to conclusions.

I am sorry for going out on that limb, but I remain angry about this
offensive flyer which is no less real.  It remains unattributed; that
was the intention of whomever produced it.  Silly me.

On primary day, Brandon Lacy Campos posted a report from Farheen
Hakeem that a McLaughlin campaign worker was campaigning in the
Somali community of Cedar-Riverside by "telling voters not to vote
for Farheen Hakeem because she is a lesbian and therefore not a true
Muslim."

The McLaughlin campaign said that the individual was not affiliated
with the campaign, despite the public protestations of Brandon and/or
Hakeem, but Peter himself responded, clarifying that the individual
was not one of his campaign workers and  condemning the tactic of
using a homophobic appeal in campaigning. End of story.

So why not ask the Zimmermann and Bicking campaigns to say that they
had nothing to do with his flyer?  Why not ask that the Zimmermann
and Bicking campaigns say that they don't approve of this tactic of
laying prejudicial,  unattributed, and (what I consider) offensive
information in the form of suggested questions on the chairs prior to
a public candidate forum?   (The act is akin to push polling, which
the American Association of Political Consultants condems.) Why not
ask that they publicly condemn the use of Stonewall as a slur against
an openly gay council person?

I challenge the Zimmermann and Bicking campaigns to be address each
of these issues.

Russell Raczkowski
Bancroft