Mike Nelson makes excellent points about Block E. I, too recall fondly the
old Block E, before it became a parking lot and ultimately the new
monstrosity as it now stands. That block had character! Now it looks
prefabbed, and suburban vanilla.

As to Hooters going in, I think it's a perfect fit. It's bland food, and
suburban. I find it quite dull. Should be a hit in the new Minneapolis
order.

Some question whether Hooters could survive in DT Mpls. How silly. Hooters
is the only "bar" in the Mall of America that survived the Bloomington
smoking ban. That's a good track-record, prerequisite for surviving in
Minneapolis.

Dan McGrath
Longfellow
http://www.shegstad.us