Date sent:              Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:57:16 -0600 (CST)
From:                   "Mayor R. T. Rybak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                City of Minneapolis Mayoral Update
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message from Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak

December 5, 2005

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE!

I hope that this Thanksgiving was a happy one for you and your
family.
As we enter the holiday season, I want to repeat an idea that we
debuted last year about how I can help raise awareness for holiday
gift ideas that benefit our community.

There are many community groups and non-profits in Minneapolis that
will be selling items this holiday to raise money for their efforts -
and I would like your help in gathering a list of these together that
I will send as an e-mail update in the coming weeks so that when
people are looking for creative gift ideas this year, they can
consider purchasing something out of the ordinary "mall" finds and
pick something that will delight their family and friends but also
help our community.

For example, last year we were able to promote several neighborhood
associations that were selling items as fundraisers, several holiday
craft fairs and bazaars that were community based, and several
non-profits who had items for sale to benefit their awareness and
fundraising.

If you know of similar community efforts or local arts organizations
that are selling unique items this year, please e-mail them to my
staff who will be gathering this information. The e-mail address is:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and we can support
these local efforts together!!

If you have problems reading this message or updating your
subscriptions list, please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] [
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ] for assistance.
Steven L. Clift    -   -  -  W: http://publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -  -   E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -   - T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -     Skype/MSN/Y!/AIM: netclift

Join Democracies Online: http://dowire.org
Start an Issues Forum: http://e-democracy.org/if