Knowing that many people like Barbara Johnson and wish to see her
president of the Council, I am still going to toss this out... There is too much
money influencing our Mpls government and she enhanced that fact with PIPs.

$300.00 is one thing but a developer giving thousands, is not without
return. Ward 12 was bought and sold with big bucks.
This execrable action is not one to brush off as *well that's politics*.

When money influences the vote of the people, we the people,
lose true representation. Having said this before.. my mother use to
say...lose standing up and never win on your knees.

dorie rae gallagher/nokomis

Let's take the example of this upcoming Zoning and Planning Committee
vote on Klodt's Hiawatha Flats proposal.

2005 campaign contributions from Paul and/or Kevin Klodt or
individuals employed by Klodt contractors:

Ward 1  Ostrow -$600
Ward 3  Samuels - $300
Ward 4  Johnson - $300
Ward 5  Johnson Lee - $300
Ward 7  Goodman - $300
Ward 8  Lilligren - $600
Ward 12 Colvin Roy - $5,850

(Next month, CM-elect Hofstede will join the list of CMs that received
contributions from Klodt. If McLaughlin, Hauser and Lisa McDonald had
been elected Mayor or Council Members they'd be on the list, too.)

In summary, seven of the thirteen sitting Council Members accepted
contributions from the Klodt's or individuals employed by their
contractors.

Under Jim Bernstein's guidelines, only 2 Council members on the Zoning
and Planning Committee would be eligible to vote regarding Hiawatha
Flats.  When it reaches the full council, only 5 members would be
eligible.

At least six current and new CMs (Samuels, Johnson,
Schiff, Benson, Hodges and Hofstede) received the maximum allowed
contribution of $300 each.

Then, of course, there is the $10,000 contribution from Paul Klodt to
People for Independent Parks that influenced the Kummer-Stone race
Sonja Dahl
REMINDERS:
1. Be civil! Please read the NEW RULES at http://www.e-democracy.org/rules. If you think a member is in violation, contact the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list.

Minneapolis Issues Forum - A Civil City-focused Civic Discussion - Mn E-Democracy