From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Gina Palandri
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 9:36 PM
To: mpls@mnforum.org
Subject: [Mpls] coffee and cigarettes

Dan writes:

By the way, I don't drink coffee, and hate the smell of it (I suspect
that
there are harmful chemicals present in the vapor rising from hot
coffee).
Maybe we should ban that next, and then, YOU and anyone who likes to
drink
coffee in public places can adapt to that, or "be left out in the cold,"
with me and the rest of the smokers. I bet I could hire the same hacks
that
do ETS "studies" to do a coffee vapor study, and come up with alarming
results."

Dan McGrath
Longfellow

I think that we really must stop making apples to apples comparisons
between coffee and smoking.  And I do not really believe you Dan hate
the smell of coffee.  Lets see, coffees number #2 on the worlds highest
traded exported good, and cigarettes are Number #1 on the cause of many
cancers.  Maybe we should spend our energies on legalizing the use of
medical marijuana, or just supporting all of our local wonderful coffee
shops.  And the funny thing you do not see coffeehouse owners
complaining about the smoking ban....lets treasure the fruit, and ban
the dirty nicotine.
Peace
Gina Palandri
Standish
wanting a website called www.minnesotansforgreatcoffee.com

REMINDERS:
1. Be civil! Please read the NEW RULES at
http://www.e-democracy.org/rules. If you think a member is in violation,
contact the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the
list.

For state and national discussions see:
http://e-democracy.org/discuss.html