Thought would follow-up my post from last week in  regards to the Park Board
discusstions at the Linden Hills  Community meeting.  Brief summary NOT
official minutes of the  meeting last night from the discussion.  These are
only my notes  from the meeting with a link and text from Linden Hills website
is  included below my comments.  Their was probably about 50 people  who
atttended this meeting:

  1.  Park Board members stressed that there is no immediate plans  for this
project and no official project proposal has been submitted to  the Park Board
Planning Committee.  There has been some  discussions with Park Board staff.
The ultimate focus of the park  board members during this meeting was an
overall plan for Lake Calhoun  and how they can better communicate with the
neighborhood organizations.

  2.  Calhoun Yacht Club does not yet have a specific plan and are  only
conceptualizing at this point with conceptual drawings from my  understanding.
 Calhoun Yacht Club is discussing with an  architect who was at the meeting and
may provide drawings on their web  site, http://www.lakecalhoun.org/.  No
specifics for the project  or drawings were discussed or shown during this
meeting.  (See  Comments Below)

  3.  The next step in this process is that Calhoun Yacht Club to  present
their plan to the community.   This needs to happen before  it formally goes to
the Park Board Planning meeting per my  understanding of the Park Board process
discussed by board members  during the meeting.  No specifics were provided but
I did discuss  with their architect and Calhoun Yacht Club members that this is
an  important next step. (See Comments Below)

  Below is text from the Linden Hills Neighborhood Web Site in regards to  this
next step posted on December 10th:  http://www.lindenhills.org/calhoundevel.htm:
                                      December 10, 2005:  According to Mike
Elson,                   President of the Lake Calhoun Sailing School Board,
the                   School presented a proposal to the Park Board Planning
Committee                   nearly two years ago.  They now believe they need
to "start                   over again" by approaching the neighborhoods along
with                   presenting to the Park Board Planning Committee now that
                  elections are over.  Mike stated the school is working on
              posting the proposed plan on their website, but that will most
               likely not be done until "after the first of the year".

                                    Laurie Foster, LHiNC Co-Chair, is currently
working on                   coordinating a meeting with the Lake Calhoun
Sailing School and                   Park Board Planner in
February to discuss the proposal with LHiNC residents.
Please look to this website for information regarding that
meeting.
                       We, as a community, all need to encourage dialog on this
project to  come up with the best interest of all parties and this beautiful
Lake  Calhoun legacy that has been left to us as a community.  Let's  work
together in an open and transparent process to come open with the  best
solution.

  Carl Holmquist
  CARAG