Hello Jonas,

I believe that happens when the client dies at the state where server (actually, the
user agent) does not want to send anything to the client; then the TCP connection will
stay there theoretically indefinitely (in practice, I guess, it is being reaped after
some very long interfal, on Solaris it is 7200 seconds by default -- something like
machine-wide KeepAlive interval).

The cure is probably to employ KeepAlive parameter, set it to 'yes' (MQ
installation-wide or QM -wide, I am not sure?) and HBINT attribute of the channel if
it exists on your system (but this would not always work for client connection if I
got the documentation right) -- please search your documentation for these 2 keywords.

Hope this will help,
Pavel

                      Jonas Nyberg
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      E.SE>                    cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  More than 1000 svrconn
processes started
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      n.AC.AT>

                      01/26/2004 08:16
                      AM

Hi,

Can anyone clarify this issue?
We are running MQ on an iSeris with WebSphere app srv.
The app srv use client connection to connect to the
qmgr. Now and then the system get full on disk and an
ipl is required to free the disk space again. At the
same time a lot of svrconn channel processes is active
on the system (more than 1000 some times). Does anyone
know what can cause this? I suspect that there is a
design error in the WebSphere application because we
don't have this problem anywhere else.

Jonas Nyberg
Electrolux IT Solutions - Sweden

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or