  From: k_winterborne
  To: ms_access@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 23:17
  Subject: [ms_access] How do I do this?

  I have a spreadsheet with 6,300 rows/records of data. This
  spreadsheet has 91 columns of data. 86 columns are data elements that
correspond to the rows of data with a value of zero or some other number. The
zeros are essentially irrelevant and looking at the entire spreadsheet is
difficult due to its size. Consequently, I would like to convert the columns of
data to rows and only indicate the rows that contain valid data.
  Looks like this:
  Item Size Red Green Blue Yellow
  Item1 M 2 0 4 1
  Item2 L 0 0 0 3
  Item3 L 0 2 0 0
  Item4 S 1 0 2 0

  Want this:
  Item Size Color Qty
  Item1 M Red 2
  Item1 M Blue 4
  Item1 M Yellow 1
  Item2 L Yellow 3
  Item3 L Green 2
  Item4 S Red 1
  Item4 S Blue 2

  Is there a way in Access or Excel to easily to do this which such a large
amount of data?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/q7folB/TM