Hi John,

>> What is in [ctrlnam] ?  >>

In the subform [Pile yarn colorwise] footer is the control [TPLD]. This is a
Text Box and the Control Source is =Sum([PlbsDz])

[PlbsDz] is also a Text Box on the subform whose Control Source is
=12*([Forms]![Towel specs]![ypile])*[ends]/(([Ycount]/[Type])*840)

In the main form [Towel specs] the referencing control is a Text Box named
[label] (I changed it to [labelx], but it made no difference).
The Control Source is =[Pile yarn colorwise].[Form]![TPLD].

>> What is the data  type of this field? >>

These are just calculated fields. The Format of [label] was blank, so I
changed it to Fixed, but I still got the #Error.

Thanks

Ilona
Adelaide, Australia

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/q7folB/TM