On 17 February 2012 20:32, Sieghard  wrote:

> How do they remap the keys? Do they used the standard X xmodmap approach?
> Or does the desktop, session, window or whatever manager responsible for
> key interpretation do it's own remapping?

I have no idea how Ubuntu does it. All I do is go to System >
Preference > Keyboard > Layouts, and add a new layout there. Colemak
(like Dvorak and Programmer Dvorak) are standard options. I then see a
keyboard layout icon appear in the top right of my screen
(notifications / applets area) if I have more than one keyboard
layout. I can toggle between layout there.

Qwerty, Dvorak and Programmer Dvorak layouts work fine in MSEide, but
Colemak doesn't.

--
Regards,
  - Graeme -