2012/2/23 Martin Schreiber <mse00...@gmail.com>

> On Wednesday, 22. February 2012 19.10:15 Sieghard wrote:
>
> > BTW, _how_does it detect it? That might give clue as to when a change may
> > get lost. According to Julio's reports, it seems that this happens
> > perferentially if a change is made fast, like his external formatter.
>
> On Linux it uses signals on directory change by fcntl(dirfilehandle,
> F_NOTIFY).

I'm using JCF for now, the sintax is:

JEDI Code Format V2.44
 August 2009
 A Delphi Object-Pascal Source code formatter
 A GUI version of this program is also available
 Latest version at http://jedicodeformat.sourceforge.net/

Syntax: jcf [options] path/filename
 Parameters to the command-line program:

 Mode of operation:
 -obfuscate Obfuscate mode or
 -clarify Clarify mode
   When neither is specified, registry setting will be used.
   This normally means clarify.

 Mode of source:
 -F Format a file. The file name must be specified.
 -D Format a directory. The directory name must be specified.
 -R Format a directory tree. The root directory name must be specified.
  When no file mode is specified, registry setting will be used.

 Mode of output:
 -inplace change the source file without backup
 -out output to a new file
 -backup change the file and leave the original file as a backup
  If no output mode is specified, registry setting will be used.

 Other options:
 -config=filename  To specify a named configuration file
 -y Overwrite files without confirmation.
 -? Display this help

I tried: -inplace change the source file without backup
and  -backup change the file and leave the original file as a backup

if I do IE 'touch main.pas'  then a shell, mseide detects the file change
every time.. weird.
May be the file is replaced and MSEide can't detect it?

Well.. I respond myself :)

I did a copy of main.pas file  edited and reformatted it.. then I did  'cp
backup.pas main.pas' and MSEide was happily ignoring the changes.. or may
be this is what is happening (or one of the cases).