On Friday 08 September 2017 19:39:42 fredvs wrote:

> So the question:
>
> Do you thing it could be possible to also dynamic load libdl.so (the
> library for dynamically load libraries) ?
> I did the translation of dl.h  into pascal dynamic loading header but was
> not able to do it work.
>
> But maybe it is normal that it does not work because libdl.so needs ...
> libdl.so to dynamic load it self.
> And so maybe the only working way is to do static linking for libdl.so.

Probably. libdl AFAIK is a special thing anyway:
http://www.unix.com/man-page/All/3lib/libdl/

I don't think that the basic libraries which are needed in order to run any
MSEgui application (libc, libm, libpthread, libX11...) should be loaded by
dlopen()/dlsym(). I exclusively use dlopen()/dlsym() for libraries which are
not mandatory.
Free Pascal should allow to define the SONAME source in binding unit - using
dlopen()/dlsym() instead is a hack IMHO.