> A hint: the program crashes if compiled with -gh (heaptrace) there seems to
be a memory error somewhere.

Huh, I think I get the guilty.  But if it is true, there is a **BIG**
problem with fpc 3.0.3.

I did just check demos of uos.  Now, **ALL* demos (console, fpGUI, MSE, LCL)
that use float resolution --> crash + memory leak when using -ghl.

If resolution is integer (16 or 32) no crash.

Maybe you may test by yourself.

Take the example SimplePlayer_MSE.prj from  https://github.com/fredvs/uos.

Compile it with -ghl and run it.  By default, the resolution is float 32.
--> it will crash + memory leak.
Now, reload the program but choose integer 16 or 32 bit resolution --> no
crash, no memory leak.

I insist to say that with previous fpc version, using  float 32 resolution
was ok.

Aaaargh, this is a **VERY BIG** problem.