On Saturday 10 March 2018 17:13:10 fredvs wrote:
> >> Please see attachment.
> >
> > or this attachment.
>
> Huh, sorry but even with clean glasses, it seems to me that
> "alsa_object_write()" is a call to ALSA.

You see that the program stops in Function pa_stream_write() in
file /usr/src/debug/pulseaudio-9-0/src/pulse/stream.c:1613 which clearly is a
Pulseaudio function. Agreed?

This Pulseaudio function is called by the Alsa functions
snd_pcm_ioplug_writei()->snd1_pcm_write_areas()->ioplug_priv_transfer_areas().
Agreed?

Also Wikipedia writes:
"
In a typical installation scenario under Linux, the user configures ALSA to
use a virtual device provided by PulseAudio. Thus, applications using ALSA
will output sound to PulseAudio, which then uses ALSA itself to access the
real sound card. PulseAudio also provides its own native interface to
applications that want to support PulseAudio directly, as well as a legacy
interface for ESD applications, making it suitable as a drop-in replacement
for ESD.
"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PulseAudio

Agreed?