Hello Martin.

OK, I get it.

msedesigner_esc.mp4
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/msedesigner_esc.mp4>

There is only one bemol.

It is that I have to add a line in original formdesigner.pas.

In proc designkeyevent(), at line 3964,
selectcomponent(comp1);

activate; // this added

Otherwise, it is the Object Inspector that is focused and pressing Esc has
no effect.

With activate, the designerform has focus again and Esc works.

I would highly prefer to not touch to anything about
MSEFormDesigner/ObjectInspector/Components and always use the original but
here, I fall.

Or maybe for you adding "activate ;" at line 3964 in original code would not
be too painful...
formdesigner.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/formdesigner.zip>

(But why the designerform-focus in loosed in ideU is a mystery).

That said, big Wow for this Esc feature (and of course the icon-parent-idea
has no interest any more).

Thanks.