Hello Martin.

> Because in linker script are absolute paths, see my mail from 2018-07-23:

Huh, OK, I did read it but the code for the linker script is in  t_linux.pas
line 508 (see my post of Jul 24, 2018; 2:41pm)

StartSection('INPUT(');
 if linklibc and (libctype<>uclibc) then
       begin
         { crti.o must come first }
         if librarysearchpath.FindFile('crti.o',false,s) then // NOT GOOD
           AddFileName(s)
         else
           Message1(exec_w_init_file_not_found,'crti.o');

  { then the crtbegin* }
         if cs_create_pic in current_settings.moduleswitches then
           begin
             if librarysearchpath.FindFile('crtbeginS.o',false,s) then //
HERE GOOD
               AddFileName(s)
             else
               Message1(exec_w_init_file_not_found,'crtbeginS.o');
           end
         else

You may see that the absolute path is the same for all files, why only
'crti.o' and 'crtn.o' get the wrong path ?

> I assume the reason must be searched in FPC code.

Yes at first look it is what I think but, after searching in FPC code, it is
not so clear that FPC is the guilty.
IMHO there is problem with the os that does not recognize the good 32 bit
ELF for those 2 files.

But, OK, thanks for your light (and better to forget that bug
fixed-by-Xd-workaround).