I can confirm that with FET firmware 2.04.09.001 and the current head
of mspdebug git, it is necessary to specify -d /dev/ttyUSBwhatever,
where with 2.04.05.003 mspdebug figured things out itself without
having to be told the specific device to use.  Odd.  I find that
annoying and will stick with 2.04.05.003.

Peter