We used to bring them into SCUP, and found a way to detect a warm reboot was
needed.  Our shutdown process at night saw the warm reboot, and did the BIOS
upgrade.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Niall Brady
Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2013 9:16 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [mssms] RE: Updating BIOS

we never change the bios version that is shipped unless there's a very good
reason for doing so (like adding features we need or fixing an issue that can
only be fixed via bios upgrade)
we do however make changes in the bios (dell/lenovo) using their bios tools
(cctk/smbios/smbus) but it would be nice if these tools from lenovo were
supported better...

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Kim Oppalfens