From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Trevor Sullivan
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 4:41 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [mssms] R2 client upgrade question

Elias,

Yes, I just recently used a ConfigMgr client package to upgrade a customer from
Service Pack 1 to R2. The upgrade process went flawlessly.

I used a wrapper batch file that would:

1.       Kill ccmsetup.exe (if running) using taskkill.exe

2.       Launch ccmsetup.exe with the /NoService parameter

3.       Install Microsoft KB2905002 using msiexec.exe /update

There was some issue I ran into while trying to install KB2905002 using the
PATCH property, but I cannot recall what it was. That's why I just used
msiexec.exe

Cheers,
Trevor Sullivan