Justin - You're right, I've applied the "Allow signed updates" and
published the cert to Trusted Publishers using group policy.  That might
explain why the updates are failing during the TS, although it leaves me
wondering why they started failing only recently.  Hmm... I wonder if the
updates had been failing before, and weren't actually causing the TS to
fail.  If that's the case, then I must have done something else to correct
the failing TS yesterday without realizing it.

I've got a thought or two on that I'll have to check into.  Meanwhile, I
still need to figure out why I can't re-publish these updates from SCUP.

Thanks,
Steve