From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Thelen, Chris
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:28 AM
To: mssms@lists.myITforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Optiplex 7010 Windows 10 imaging problems

I'm having an issues with imaging Dell OptiPlex 7010s and was hoping to get
some help.  Issues are only with the Windows 10 task sequence.  Everything
works fine with Windows 8.1.

First issue:  7010s will fail to join the domain when I use a custom Windows 10
reference image.  This same reference image works perfectly fine for every
other Dell model, it only causes domain join issues for the 7010.  The error in
the panther logs is that it cannot find a domain controller.  If I use the wim
file from the Win 10 ISO, then it works fine.  I've updated the 7010 driver
package with the latest drivers and also updated the Intel LAN drivers to the
latest version from Intel.

Second issue:  When using the Win 10 ISO wim file, everything works fine in the
WinPE stages.  It formats C drive, applies the image to C drive, but when it
reboots during setting up the SCCM client, it switches C drive to X drive and
then fails the task sequence as we have steps that are hard coded to point to C
drive folders.  Same thing as above, this only happens on the OptiPlex 7010.

I've attached the logs from running a TS with the second issue.  I can provide
other logs if needed.
Thanks in advanced for any help.

Thanks,

CHRIS THELEN