I'd verify if you have the deployment download settings checked to access
updates from Microsoft if not available on the DP.  That can send your clients
over there.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com <listsad...@lists.myitforum.com> on behalf
of Beardsley, James <james.beards...@dhgllp.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:39 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: Windows Updates through SCCM

Sounds like you have the Configure Automatic Updates GPO enabled? That should
be disabled. In fact, all of the Windows Updates GPOs should not be configured
except for the Configure Automatic updates GPO which again, should be disabled.
This will prevent Windows update from managing updates at all and then leave
SCCM to do the work.