From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Jason Sandys
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 11:00 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [mssms] RE: Question on migration

Yes, although restoring to a newer version of SQL is supposed to work as well –
can’t say I’ve tried that though.

Also, the server name has to be the same (just stop the services – ConfigMgr
and SQL – and rename the old server) and the drive layout on the new server
should be the same (I think it’s supported to change that now but I wouldn’t
open that box).