I'm sure you will get many different responses - there is no single way. We
went for simplicity. Everything goes into one SUG for the current month's
updates, then get moved to a 2016 - all SUG once the next month's updates
are released. Then we set our deployments to our desired tastes.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com]
On Behalf Of Fast, David D.
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 11:58 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] SCCM SUP updates groups

Okay, I'm trying to get serious about implementing SUP in SCCM.  In our
environment, we have W7x86, W7x64, W8.1x64, W10x64 (RTM, 1511 and 1607).  We
also have Office 2007 (x86), Office 2010 (x86), Office 2013 (x86 and x64)
and Office 2016 (x86).

Does each product/architecture combination get its own baseline SUG and
monthly update SUG?  Seems like all of the guides for setting up SUP assume
the environment is standardized on single platform/product configurations.
Can someone point me to a guide that addresses multiple platform/product
environments with initial setup + ongoing month-to-month configuration?

taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or