https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/configs/supported-operating-systems-for-site-system-servers

For ConfigMgr Current Branch 1606; Server 2016 is certified.

but you asked about cm12:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx
and Server 2016 isn't listed there under the heading of "Operating System
Requirements for Site Servers, Database Servers, and the SMS Provider"  so
I would say no, server 2016 isn't certified for cm2012.  Upgrade to Current
Branch...and then it is.  :)

Unless what you meant was... "as a CLIENT, can a server that happens to be
a CM 2012 client communicate with my CM2012 infrastructure, which is
running on Server 12 xx or Server 08 xx"  then on that same link,
under "Operating
System Requirements for Configuration Manager Client Installation" ...
server 2016 is also NOT listed--but in my previous experience that doesn't
mean it won't work for "most things".  Just means (likely) that you won't
see it as a choice in some settings where you pick things like "applicable
to... "

--
Thank you,

Sherry Kissinger

My Parameters:  Standardize. Simplify. Automate
Blogs: http://www.mofmaster.com, http://mnscug.org/blogs/sherry-kissinger,
http://www.smguru.org