I may have missed it, but I don’t see if any roles are supported on Core. Do
they all have to run desktop experience? For 2016?

From: Sherry Kissinger<mailto:sherrylkissin...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 4:06 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com<mailto:mssms@lists.myitforum.com>
Subject: Re: [mssms] SCCM 2012 R2 support matrix

For ConfigMgr Current Branch 1606; Server 2016 is certified.

but you asked about cm12:
and Server 2016 isn't listed there under the heading of "Operating System
Requirements for Site Servers, Database Servers, and the SMS Provider"  so
I would say no, server 2016 isn't certified for cm2012.  Upgrade to Current
Branch...and then it is.  :)

Unless what you meant was... "as a CLIENT, can a server that happens to be
a CM 2012 client communicate with my CM2012 infrastructure, which is
running on Server 12 xx or Server 08 xx"  then on that same link,
under "Operating
System Requirements for Configuration Manager Client Installation" ...
server 2016 is also NOT listed--but in my previous experience that doesn't
mean it won't work for "most things".  Just means (likely) that you won't
see it as a choice in some settings where you pick things like "applicable
to... "

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Adam Juelich <acjuel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I remember, I don't even believe ConfigMgr CB1606 has been
> certified to run on Server 2016.  I highly doubt that will happen for the
> iterations of ConfigMgr 2012.
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Brian McDonald <mcdonald...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> Looking for a support matrix to determine whether 2012 R2 SP1 supports
>> Windows Server 2016. Can't find anything official from Microsoft. Would
>> like to know if anyone can point me to a link where I can find this info.
>> Even better for the entire System Center stack (SCOM, etc.)
>> Thanks,
>> Brian

Thank you,

Sherry Kissinger

My Parameters:  Standardize. Simplify. Automate
Blogs: http://www.mofmaster.com, http://mnscug.org/blogs/sherry-kissinger,