My Guess; and it's just a guess...
Superseded <> Expired
If you have those superseded updates in your deployment update group,
depending upon where in the install chain that particular client chose to
install an update, it *might* install November, December, than January.
Instead of "January", then "oh, I have November and December already,
moving on"  Which is what you want to happen.

If you want to avoid that, remove the superseded updates from your update
group, so only the latest is available.

--
Thank you,

Sherry Kissinger

My Parameters:  Standardize. Simplify. Automate
Blogs: http://www.mofmaster.com, http://mnscug.org/blogs/sherry-kissinger,
http://www.smguru.org