> I can imagine a system like this that would have far less problems:
> 0V means "0"
> 5V means "1"
> When the level goes from 0V to 5V, at 3V the bit flips to "1".
> When the level goes from 5V to 0V, at 2V the bit flips to "0".
>
> Does anyone know how things work in the MSX ICs?

At my electronics course, I learned there are conventions/rules/standards for
this. The level for 0 and for 1 is in these conventions. The most used
conventions are CMOS and TTL. It depends on which one is used ofcourse.

CMOS is 'stiffer' than TTL. But I don't know what the limits are exactly.

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org)
PPS: Visit my homepage at http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi