Hi!

>I have a little (?) problem, please let me know
>your opinion about it!
>
>I need additional memory in my game - but I use
>already many ram!
>
>1) What would u say if the game will need more than
>   128kB ram?

Make it 256KB and add an option of using more memory if available.
DOS2 support would be nice, so it can run on HD and use external memory
mapper etc...

>2) It would be possible to reduce the level-size to a half,
>   but I really don't want that...
Yep, I agree on that, not good idea. Use the more RAM. Why do we have
machines like tR/SONY with 256KB/512KB? Anyway very few games are able
of using more memory due to backward incompatibility with 128K/64K
machines - again a limitation.......

>3) I could use Vram - but I am afraid it could be too slow
>   and that I have to forget some nice features (music,
>   or something like that)

Make it for GFX9000 and youŽll have plenty of VRAM. Whole 512KB!!!

Greetings from Gabriel, DENMARK

Visit my MSX homepage and sign the guestbook :-)

[Software, tips, music-disks, buy/sell/swap section, msx
links, NMS-1170 Bar Code Reader page, Ultimate MSX-FAQ...]
Use one of these URLs to enter:

http://www.trd.msxnet.org
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/2653/

MSX links: