On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Laurens Holst wrote:

> Use Dos... :)

Just in case I didn't just mention I don't WANT to use dos, I DON'T!!! OK?

(I'm not really angry, I just want to let you know it is totally out of
the question that I'm using dos)

> ...or...

That sounds better :-)

> I recently took a look (- :) -) at the BIOS, and I saw that it only looks at
> the Keyboard when the keyscan-counter SCNCNT reaches 0.

What computer was that? I looked into the bios of my NMS 8250 (not
recently, ok) and I'm pretty sure it reads the keyboard every
vdp-interrupt. Hey, I just found the solution! I'll just switch off the
interrupts, using vdp(1). When my program returns from the dos-call, I can
switch them on again. :-)

> Hey, you got that??? Now you don't even have to do difficult things to a
> *complete new* interrupt-routine, you can still use your own, and IT WORKS
> UNDER BASIC!!! And Basic is cool because you can then easily program little
> test-progs or small games etc... Good idea of me, eh???

The idea is good for small things. But actually, I was planning to make
big things. Sorry, I mean BIG, or even HUGE. And well, I have my own
page-0 routines already anyway. Including memory manager, device manager
and string handling routines. I want to add my joynet routines in it. I
also will add a multitasker soon. Those are not the kind of things you
want to run under BASIC, or with BASIC switched in memory...

But thanks for the help. Now I do have the answer anyway :-)

Bye,
shevek

---
Visit the internet summercamp via http://polypc47.chem.rug.nl:5002