On Sat, 03 Apr 1999 21:26:37 +0000, Roberto Pinna wrote:

>> There's a way to connect a Music Module Keyboard to a PC Sound Card ?
>> I want to play music on the MSX keyboard and listend the sound with my PC Audio
>card.
>>
>> Both the audio card have MIDI connection but I don't know if the keyboard is
>conncected with the
>> MIDI BUS...
>

>Hello,
>

>Well, it can be possible, but you have to add extra hardware. The
>keyboard of the Music Module works like a normal keyboard (on which you
>type). What you have to do is to find out the X-Y matrix of the MM
>keyboard, and convert it to a MIDI signal.

Why Hardware ? I could be done through software... or no ?

>Maybe the best way is to just buy a Roland PC200 MKII keyboard (or
>similar). This one works on everything with a MIDI-IN connector. In my
>opinion it's a much better choice since you than also have a keyboard
>that responds to velocity and aftertouch.

Yes, but :

1) I have a MSX keyboard now and 'cause I'm not a great composer :-) I don't want to
spend
a lot of money.

2) Using a Roland PC200 keyboard I can simply connect it to my Sound Blaster, there
are no problem...

>An imitation of the Roland PC200 keyboard costs about $100.

>Of course I'm not witholding you of continuing your project (MM keyboard
>to MIDI), but think about if it's worth all the trouble.

Ok, thank you for your info.

by Frengo