> >Maybe OSR can make use of JoyNet??? Anyone knows one of the developers?
>
> I have his e-mail address. And I think he reads this list too.
>
> I don't know if the gameplay of OSR is suitable for multiplayer. But I'm
> sure the engine is. I think with a little modification it would make an
> excellent Micro Machines engine. It has properties like high-speed
> scrolling, wall detection, turning the ship in small angle increments.

Indeed.

> Rather than starting to work on many games, it might be better to build a
> library of useful functions for JoyNet. Examples:
> - a routine that uploads code and data to diskless MSXes (shevek made
this)
> - an algorithm that automatically numbers the computer in the ring (I
> already have some ideas for this)
> - a sort-of kernel, which regularly checks whether there is an incoming
> transmission (for fast games, checking at 60Hz is not frequent enough)
> - CALL commands to use JoyNet from BASIC, to enable more people to program
> for JoyNet

My idea. But who's gotta program it, eh? It is one of my 5 projects I'm
currently working on, but it isn't going very fast (dam I've gotta work
harder on that).

By the way, the cable of Blokslag, Zeeslag and that other game, from MSX
Friesland Noord is NOT compatible with JoyNet. I'll put it on my homepage
the next update (haven't got time now).