> Hi,
>
>   The overscan trick was, I think, first discovered by NOP and used in
> "Unknown Reality" at the title screen. Achieving the vertical overscan
> on the V9938/V9958 is actually quite simple. You only need two line
> interrupts (using r#19) and flip the LN bit (r#9 b7). The LN bit selects
> between a screen height of 192 lines and 212 lines.
>   The first line interrupt needs to be at a line before line 192 and it
> should set the LN bit (screen height = 212 lines). The second line
> interrupt should be at a line beyond line 212 and clear the LN bit
> (screen height = 192 lines). This will somehow 'confuse' the VDP and it
> will keep on displaying skipping the black border in Y-direction
> alltogether.
Hey, I thought it was done by moving by moving the screen up
first with the set adjust reg (18?). Then almost at the bottom
of the screen the adjust value is changed so that the screen
is totally down (in a screensplit, just before the end of the
screen).

Or am I just stupid? ;-)

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org/)