At 09:11 AM 6/25/99 +0200, you wrote:

>> All samples in the ROM are all 12 BIT... That's not the problem. What
>>yamaha didn't provide is the patch tables... The sample information (bit's
>>per sample,envelop data,loop, start and end address) is stored in the ROM
>>itself.
>
>Maybe you should try again??? I don't see why they won't give docs on this
>ROM they made... Wouls be bad for them because other firms won't support
>them.

They don't take a small client like Sunrise seriously. Just like when they
delayed the initial shipment of OPL4 ICs.

Many manufacturers are make a big fuss about releasing info. They probably
think their system is so great that the competitors will copy it instantly
if they get their hands on it...I don't know. I do know that hobby
programmers are the victims. People programming the MoonSound, people
writing Linux drivers etc.

Bye,
                Maarten