At 02:09 PM 07/23/99 -0300, you wrote:

>  No, it's not really so big. And not takes so much time. (-: But it is
>"compressed", and takes a lot of time, more than normal programs.

What do you mean by "compressed"?

>>Compass is, exept for WBASS, the fastest assembler ever made on MSX. And if
>>they would tokenize the code, then it would be... Whow.
>
>  I don't get the idea... How to tokenize ASM? Get an hex editor and you do
>not even need to assembly it!

Tokenizing is the first step of compilation. But if you have an integrated
editor + compiler, it's possible to store the source in tokenized
representation instead of ASCII. There are two advantages:
1. it takes less space
2. it takes less time to compile
And tokenizing one line at a time during editing is only a very small
overhead. It may be slow to load ASCII files though, that would require a
lot of tokenizing.

Bye,
                Maarten