First of all. Standard input has a file handle of 0 and standard output
has a file handle of 1.

Input redirection is done by closing the handle 0 and after that simply
opening a new file. The new file will have the handle number of 0.

Output redirection is done in the same way. First close handle 1 and then
open the file to redirect to.

Under MSXDOS2 the output of the first process is redirected to a temporary
file.
The second process closes its standard input handle of 0 and opens
the temporary file of the first process. And so on.

http://if.you.dont.like.msx.usuck.com

* Bug (n) Technology originally developed by Microsoft in the 1980s.  *

quotes :-) Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(www.stack.nl/~wiebe/mailinglist/)