> In the current version of IDEFDISK, 32 MB isn't only the
> MAXIMUM size, but also the ONLY size.

This means I can only use 5x32MB=160MB of my harddisk? Not that I need that
much, but is seems a waste not to use the rest of the 500MB.

Yesterday, I succeeded in getting 5 partitions to work on my harddisk (as A:
to E:), thus leaving F: and G: for the floppy drives and H: for the MSXDOS2
ramdisk.

IDEFDISK does try to make 16 partitions but MSXDOS 2 apparently doesn't use
them. Besides that, the documentation of IDECDEX says it can't work if there
are more than 6 active partitions.I also can't use a ramdisk under MSXDOS2
if the driveletter H: is already in use.

The problem with the CDrom drive remains. It's an old Mitsumi 4x speed which
has always worked correcty in a PC, but the IDE interface just doesn't
detect it as a slave device.

Pierre

****
MSX Mailinglist. To unsubscribe, send an email to   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and put
in the body (not subject) "unsubscribe msx [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
(without the
quotes :-) Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]