On Wed, 09 Aug 2000, you wrote:

> Fokkit! Spam on 'the List'! Hope that no one was so stupid to reply
> to the original sender... (finders crossed)  Can't we make the MSX list
> moderated (i.e. only accept mails from ppl really subscribed to the list)?

Yes, we can make it moderated.

But there are some disadvantages:
- feedback cycles will be a lot longer (there is a possibly large delay
between sending the mail and other people reading it)
- more work for the list admins (that includes me)
- list members are no longer free to use any address to send messages to the
list (many people have more than 1 mail address)

If there is consensus that the advantages of moderation (no more spam)
outweigh the disadvantages (see above), we can consider it.

Bye,
                Maarten

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/