To Maarten: > A simple but inaccurate method is this: > PRINT (256-INP(&HFF))*16 CMS returned "2048". To Sean: > If you type: > > OUT (255),4 > > And the machine does NOT crash, it has 64kb. If it did crash, it has more. Try: > > OUT (255),8 > > If that didn't crash the machine, it has 128kb. > > Another possibility is that the machine doesn't have mappers, in which case it > has 64kb ram. Try: > > OUT (255),1 > > If that didn't crash it, it has 64kb unmapped RAM. To be honest... all three commands caused CMS to hang up silent. Leonard told me another method to check MSX memory size. Result suggested that CMS seems to have mapped 128KB, but showed a little strange behavior while checking. More facts on CMS. CMS has not cassette recorder port, so there could had been no way to store your program, or to save MGear1 data ;) As I said before, I have no idea how, or if it's possible to use the memory card from MSX. In addition, CMS could run Mgear2 cartridge. It's OK as long as you don't mind getting GM2 or typing lengthy password ^^; CMS has 8-pin RGB output, which is compatible with A1-GT cable. Takamichi -- For info, see http://www.stack.nl/~wynke/MSX/listinfo.html