Hi,

> Interesting... Did Konami leave out the BIOS because of copyright
> issues?

That was my guess. Konami has the copyright of her own games, but if
they used MSX bios code they would have to pay licensing fees to the
current copyright owner (MS or ASCII?)..

I found this matter interesting too, so I took the liberty of loading
such a modified game into my MSX. It seems that a fair deal of the
code is original. The memory layout is, the MSX cartridge ID bytes
"AB" are present as are all other requirements. It wouldn't run
though.

However, after looking at the disassembled code, I found that it must
have been heavily modified. I see JP's and CALL's to unknown (to me)
addresses outside the game memory area. Also there were several
unknown asm instructions (at least to wbass2) like ED D0 used in this
context:

E5              push hl
D5              push de
02              ld (bc),a
ED D0   ???
D1              pop de
E1              pop hl
18 E6   jr &h4497

Also lots of erased instructions (countless NOPs).

My msx asm knowledge is not extensive enough to further investigate,
for interested people i've put one such modified game online (sssh!)
at:

http://212.187.35.21/~tristan/msxantiques.zip

contents:

ANTADV.BIN
ANTADV.CHT
MENU.BIN
MSX.BIN
TITLE1.BIN

I dont know what the CHT file does, it looks like font or other
graphics data. I'm not sure if MENU.BIN contains only Z80 code, but
there should at least be an SCC song + playroutine in that.

Tristan

+     Omega     + join #msx on undernet + [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       +
|               |  FUNET MSX maintainer | ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/msx            |
+ irc: OmegaMSX +    Techno composer    + http://members1.chello.nl/~t.zondag01 +