Helleuwz...

> About the fact that he used to crack games, what can I say? Most games he
> cracked were not for sale in Europe, so at least for me was the only way
> get them (and no, I don't think piracy was the reason that made Japanese
> companies decide not to sell in Europe).

I am almost absolutely sure that the reason the games were not available was
because
of the low (no) sales, because of the excessive cracking and copying.

> Obviously, setting up the MSX-Server means money, but do they really
> want to pay it selling old ROMs that nearly everybody has? Nowadays,
> with more and more developers going into open source, maybe that's not
> a good idea.

The emulator is going to be free, and probably open-source. Lots of ROMs
are going to be free. For some you will have to pay. You could also buy new
(sunrise etc.) games on MSX Server.

> IMHO, if the new MSX project finally succeed or not won't be
> cause of piracy, but because the effort the companies put on it. As
someone
> said in the list, just take a look at PC: everybody copies games since the
> very beginning, and still going on.

The PC software industry is suffering a lot because of copying, the are
investing
millions of dollars to make new copy-protections etc.

I'm not saying copying is the sole reason that MSX died. But the succes of
the
MSX Revival also depends on us and our behaviour. Let's act like responsible
adults from now on ;)))

> Phew, I used to write *small* mails :)

Hehe ;)

Sander

---
Webmaster benjamin B.                 -  http://www.benjaminb.demon.nl/
Listen to benjamin B.                      -
http://stage.vitaminic.nl/benjamin_b./
Webmaster MSX resource center  -  http://www.msx.org/
Join the msx.org RC5 team            -  http://msx.xs4all.nl/