>         So, SCSI users allways have to know the IDs of their SCSI devices?
>If I had two SCSI HDs and a SCSI Zip Drive I must know that my first HD
>has ID 3, my second HD has ID 2, my ZIP drive has ID 7 AND that my SCSI
>interface has ID 4 (uff!) or I can't correcly select partition 3 of the
>ZIP-disk on my ZIP drive? :P (ugh... should I write write the numbers in a
>post-it and put it in the front of my monitor? :P)

SCSI ID's are prioritized, ID 7 has highest and ID 0 has lowest priority.
Usually (but not always) the SCSI card has ID 7.

I used to run a BBS system with two BERT (MK) SCSI interfaces. 2 Computers
accessing the same harddrive. I believe I had ID 7 and ID 6 for the
interfaces (they're configurable at boottime) and ID 0 for the harddrive.
Sometimes I would add a ZIPdrive at ID 5.
You could get SCSI bus-lockups if you wrote data to the harddrive at the
same time from 2 computers, but there were never problems with reading.

Besides, there was a special DOS version (2.33 if I recall correctly) with
which you could press CTRL-BS and it would solve the bus-lockup. With
normal DOS I would just reset the computer that hung and everything was
okay again.

Greetz,
         Patriek