Em Ter, 25 Jun 2002, Maarten ter Huurne escreveu:

> > Second: Users who aren't on the list can't mail to the list
>
> I was against this before, but the spamming is getting pretty bad now, so I'll
> reconsider. Would anyone who has a problem with no longer being able to post
> from non-subscribed addresses please mail me personally? Depending on the
> number of objections we might decide to try and implement this.

        Here in Brazil, at MSXBR-L, non-subscribers can't post to the list, which is a
nice way of blocking some mail
viruses and a little spam. Yep, as manager of the MSXBR-L I've some problems regarding
authorization of non-members'
emails, like normal subscribers who forget to send messages using the original mail
and sends by an alternative one. But
it's better than spamming all over the 220 subscribers' e-mails.

> > Third: If somebody starts spaming kill the user
>
> Killing is a bit too much, but shutting them up would be nice. However, I have
> no idea how to find out who the spammer is. Remember that the "From:" field
> is very easy to forge, most addresses either don't exist or are from innocent
> people.

        Yep, suspend'em. MSX mailing list still runs over majordomo, isn't it?

        Does anyone have ever thought about changing the whole mailing list to another
list-server, like mailman? I'm
using GNU Mailman with MSXBR-L and it sounds nice, all Web-driven (I can solve almost
all problems using Mozilla).

        ByE!

--
Ricardo Jurczyk Pinheiro - M. Sc. Numerical Modelling  - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Anime, ABUB, MSX, Linux, Gospel, ST, Rock, Math... Fudeba! - ICQ: 3635907

It isn't a bug, it's a feature.