At 00:45 25-6-02 +0200, you wrote:
>I was against this before, but the spamming is getting pretty bad now, so
>I'll
>reconsider. Would anyone who has a problem with no longer being able to post
>from non-subscribed addresses please mail me personally? Depending on the
>number of objections we might decide to try and implement this.

I think this should 'activate' people who are reading it 'from the outside'
to participate in the discusion. They have two options IMO:

1. They agree with the fact the spam is going out of control and support
the idea of closing the list for non-subscribers. To be able to post again
they'd need to join the list.

2. They object against it resulting in possibly even more spam which may
result in active people to leave the list.

If we'd REALLY want to stop spam, the mailinglist archive on msxnet.org
should be stopped and everybody should subscribe with another email
address, since blocking is done on email addresses. That wouldn't be nice
to the MSX-community, shutting it down in such a way.

>I have sent mails to "abuse@" addresses of several ISPs in the past, but
>usually there is only an automated reply, sometimes not even that. It seems
>they just don't care.

Pretty useful... setting up an email account to report abuse to and just
leave it that. No action whatsoever when somebody IS reporting abuse, just
an automated e-mail at most.

GreeTz, BiFi

Visit my Home Page at www.bifi.msxnet.org
mail me at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]