> I tried vdp(10)=2 and vdp (10)=2 no visible difference

Obviously not :) since they're the same ^_^. Anyways I guess you mean =0 and
=2... Weird. I think there is going something wrong in the RGB -> composite
video conversion, but since it does not take the VDP's composite video
signal (the v9958 doesn't have one, after all), I don't understand why. It
must be using more than only the RGB signal I guess... Maybe it uses the
color burst pins? Those were removed aswell. But I don't think those were
used (if the composite isn't, why would they be?).

Well, that's easy enough to find out. Lemme see... (testing on our
vg8235)... If the color burst pins were used, changing the values of the
color burst registers VDP(21), VDP(22) and VDP(23) should make a
difference... and it doesn't.

Maybe if I take a look a which other pins have changed between the v9938 and
the v9958 I could get a clue about why it's doing this...

> Does anybody have a 9958 running through composit signal?

I just tested it on my NMS8245: you are right. The image is remaining grey
on my computer aswell. I wonder what's going on... It don't think the screen
flickered when switching frequencies either. I don't know if it's supposed
to do that, but... it seems to me it should.

Maybe someone with a little more knowledge about this matter. I'll see if I
can ask Hans Oranje on the Bussum fair, if I don't forget and if he's
coming.

~Grauw

---