Patriek Lesparre wrote:
> Grauw wrote:
>> Note by the way that -afaik- the Japanese RGB connector is
>> different from a European RGB connector, the pins are different.
>
> If you mean SCART, I believe the connectors are physically different
> too. I'm not too sure about it, but I think the japanese is
> rectangular while the euro isn't.

No, I think the RGB connectors are different aswell. I don't think the
RGB->(european)SCART cable of my Japanese Sanyo Wavy MSX2+ will work on my
NMS 8245. Ofcourse I could just check it :)...

>> The Philips CM 8802 is also good, but its resolution isn't very high
>> so in screen 0 and 7 it's less sharp. But still looking good, imho.
>> I use the 8802 myself :).
>
> I used a CM8802 in the old days, after seeing a CM8833 you NEVER want
> to go back again. But you can use CM8802 if you prefer a 'm' being a
> vague spot.

Well... yeah, I like that! It's not really smudgy or vague, or blurred, it's
more like... well... unsharp... The diagonal lines of the M look a bit as if
they are somewhat heavily antialiased ^_^. And the colors got those tiny
vertical lines through it, those are great. It's like watching a Picasso, I
think! Hehehe...

Anyways, sure I know how a CM8833 looks, and in the past we used to have
an... what was it again... Arcona (?) monitor which was also much better
resolution-wise. When I got my CM8802 the 'vague spot'-ness of the M was
about the first thing I noticed :). But I'm used to it now, and I don't
dislike it.

~Grauw

---