On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Patriek Lesparre wrote:

> Grauw wrote:
> >Note by the way that -afaik- the Japanese RGB connector is
> >different from a European RGB connector, the pins are different.
>
> If you mean SCART, I believe the connectors are physically different too.
> I'm not too sure about it, but I think the japanese is rectangular while
> the euro isn't.

Ahem, Euro connector (which is widely known as SCART) is physically
similar with it's Japanese equivalent. Only pinout is different, there
is pinouts for both in internet.

If you buy original Panasonic A1-series computer from Japan you may
(at least with A1ST, A1GT and A1WSX had these) get original cable
for connecting MSX to tv/monitor. Other end is with round plug to MSX
and other has "SCART" connector. It's high quality (at least mine is)
cable and connector, you can easily open it and remake the wiring.

> I used a CM8802 in the old days, after seeing a CM8833 you NEVER want to go
> back again. But you can use CM8802 if you prefer a 'm' being a vague spot.

And there are still better option than CM8833. There exist earlier
Philips type CM 8533 which was the top-of-the-line model at it's
era (when green-black monitors were still widely sold and just before
prices of real colour monitors dropped enough). It was also very expensive
monitor which makes it very rare nowadays as well. It has almost identical
pcb with 8833 though. Tube seems to be different type and it's so far
best of the monitors I have seen in "8833" size (including different
commodore and other maker models) old monitors.

There is btw CM8833 II which does have 9-pin D-connector for RGB and
separate RCA connectors for sound. IIRC it has worse picture quality
than 8833. It has also updated covers and looks different than other
88.. -series (and commodore monitors based to 88..-series).

        Greetings: Saku Taipale, [EMAIL PROTECTED]