MERRY CHRISTMAS!

   It's finally here!

   Eleven months after the last public release, this new version
brings lots of news.
   Snatcher is not only fully translated into english (100%!) but
also is playable from disks *and* harddisks without external
floppy disk emulators (like FDDEmu, START or EP).
   Besides, now the loader detects the sound chip (SCC / SCC+ / PSG),
and its slot, and also will be able to use SCC/SCC+ in expanded
slots (unless it's plugged in the same slot as the interface of
the drive it's running or in the same slot of the memory the game
is using).
   The CapsLock light indicates when the game is being loaded,
for those that doesn't have light on the harddisk.
   On harddisk the savegame is made directly in the file
SNATCHER.SAV, so it's much easier do exchange and make SaveGame
backups. The utilitie DSK2SAV is provided to help you extract .SAV
file from a disk or image file, and SAV2DSK is provided so you
can update your disk with your newest .SAV, if you want to.
Note that the savegame from translated games are fully compatible
with the original game... But I *don't know* if all versions of
Snatcher sold by Konami are equal and places the data in the
same position of the disk. SO I think it's wise NOT using these
utilities with original disks.
   The game itself will create a .SAV file if none exists, using
the data on the first disk image.
   Note that the embedded menu in disk 1 is now multilanguage, so
it'll match the language of the game.

   Also, many changes in the extra-messages internals. A new system
of hash table was added in the compiler, to avoid store more than
one time the same extra message (important for those messages that
are repeated in the three disks). Also, now the game can use up
to 1MB of external data, but it'll require extra memory. The english
version uses almost 30k of extra texts (the english version requires
16kb more memory than portuguese... because english texts was
written in a "formal" style, which made them a lot longer to say
exactly the same thing).

  Also, there is a simple BATCH installer that uses T.Tsujikawa's
FDSAVE (included in Disk 0) to install the disks into the HardDisk.

  Portuguese version has now Disk 0 too, but only for extra utilities
(installer, dsk2sav, sav2dsk, etc). In portuguese version the Disk 0
is not needed to play, so players of portuguese version may boot
directly from Disk 1.

  I hope you all enjoy the news... It is my christmas gift for you
all that waited so long for a new release.
  The download can be done on the usual place:

  http://www.caetano.eng.br/snatcher/

  Only as a foot note, I would like to thank everyone that helped and
those that wanted to help. For those that sent e-mails to me saying
that could help and I had not returned... I would like to say I was
tired of sending scripts and wait. I had sent scripts for 5 persons
that never answered me - and this was one of the reasons for the
long wait. It's very hard to translate a game with thousands of
messages alone.

  And the answer for all those questions that arose during the
translation work... well, the translated game answers them by itself.

  My best regards, merry christmas and my best wishes for the new year.

  []'s

  Daniel Caetano
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.caetano.eng.br/

..."A necessidade de criatividade e' o que contribui para a
mudanca. A criatividade mantem o criador vivo." (Frank Herbert)