Mr. Boon,

If you know so well, why don't you release a proper patch then?
In fact, if you know so well, why didn't you help Raymond in the first place?

You wrote:
(Although, to be 100% sure, the routine would have to check the MSX type
& R800 mode on every interrupt ;-P)

That's only when assuming the music player can't be interrupted, which is not always the case. For example, when using a lot of line interrupts, you really want a multi-level interrupt.

This should be in some kind of initialisation routine.
I understand why there's no such routine, because the original assembly player doesn't have one either, and the pascal version follows it closely.

Hm, the replay routine I have does have this check, and it's pretty close to 'original', since I got it directly from Remco Scrijvers,
ages ago :-)

I didn't say the original didn't have this CHECK, I said the original doesn't have a seperate initialisation routine. Please READ before trying to be smart.

Hm, that will *only* work if the MSX really is in Z80 mode

OBVIOUSLY

which fortunately will be the casr for Raymond.

duh! I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise.

Otherwise the OUT timing will be too fast, I'm afraid. So'd say it's a hack, not a patch ;-P

It *IS* a patch, a patch to assume Z80 mode always! There's nothing hacky about it. I even said a real FIX would be possible and I even said how to do it!

So in the future, please keep the smart-ass comments to yourself, if you can't be helpful. If this was the first time, I could laugh about it, but it's getting REALLY annoying that you always try to find faults in what I say and make stupid remarks and lame jokes.

Or maybe I shouldn't go out of my way to help other people?

A good day to you, asshole!

- Patriek