[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> What we do is the following.
>
> R800 is running when we start or program
> We load the music file
> Do some graphic moves etc in VRAM to prepare the game
> Switch to Z80 as we want to start the game
> Start music and then the MSX hangs...
>
> When I remove the switch to Z80 it runs fine. When I remove the Start
> Music routine it also works fine. Together in one game -> MSX Hangs

Well, as was explained before, the MB routines detect the CPU mode at a
certain point, and all the I/O timing after that is based on that detection.
Probably, it detects the CPU mode somewhere in the period before switching
to Z80 (during initialization or loading), so it detects a R800. If you then
switch to Z80, the replayer's timing is still done for the R800, which means
that it puts in very long delay instructions to slow down the I/O access...
Which the Z80 can't handle.

So... Basically Alex Wulms has the correct solution ^_^. Or you could keep
the R800 disabled all the time.

~Grauw

---